Thomas G. Wilson, D.D.S., P.C.
Dr. Thomas G. Wilson is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. He is proud to be the only board certified pediatric dentist and orthodontist in Iowa.
Dr. Wilson was born and raised in Des Moines, Iowa, and graduated from Roosevelt High School. He earned his Bachelor of Arts from Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, and his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of Iowa College of Dentistry. He went on to earn his certification for pediatric dentistry from the University of Florida in Gainesville, and his certification in orthodontics from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. His professional licensure includes Iowa and Florida.
Upon graduating, Dr. Wilson joined his father, Dr. John B. Wilson, in his long established dental practice, providing pediatric patients with dental care from their first visit through adulthood, including their orthodontic needs. He worked along with his father, who was a well-known pediatric dentist in the Des Moines area, and then took over as sole proprietor.
Dr. Wilson takes a special interest in treating infants with cleft palates. He also volunteers his time at Broadlawns Dental Clinic.
Dr. Wilson is a published author. He currently is an adjunct professor with the University of Iowa College of Dentistry.
Dr. Wilson and his wife, Cathy, have two daughters. Away from the office, Dr. Wilson stays active with his family, friends and church.
- American Dental Association
- Iowa Dental Association
- Des Moines District Dental Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Iowa Society of Orthodontists
- Midwest Society of Orthodontists
- Des Moines Orthodontic Society
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Iowa Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
Honors and Awards
- 1987-National Institute of Health Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- 1987-ASDC Achievement Award
- 1987-Psi Omega Scholastic Award
- 1988-Clinical Teaching, Pediatric Dentistry-3rd and 4th year undergraduate students, University of Florida
- 1990-Clinical Teaching, Pediatric Dentistry-4th year undergraduate students
- 1990-Graduate Student Research Award, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
Denise N. Evans, D.D.S.
Dr. Denise N. Evans was born and raised in Des Moines, Iowa and graduated from Saydel High School. Dr. Evans completed her undergraduate education at Northeast Missouri State University in Kirksville in 1996; earning her bachelor’s degree in biology. In 2000, she completed her dental education and received her Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree from the University of Iowa College of Dentistry in Iowa City. Dr. Evans enjoyed and excelled at treating children during dental school and this led her to pursue further education in this area of dentistry. In 2002, she received her specialty certification in pediatric dentistry from Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Evans has been practicing dentistry since 2000.
Dr. Evans is a member of the American Dental Association, Iowa Dental Association, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Des Moines District Dental Society and the Iowa Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Along with Dr. Wilson, Dr. Evans participated in the Iowa Mission of Mercy, delivering dental care to the under-served population of Iowa.
She enjoys swimming, outdoor activities and spending time with her family. Dr. Evans lives in Ankeny with her husband, Dr. Andrew Chan, an endodontist practicing in Des Moines and daughter Claire, born in February 2009.